177 29th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Motivated professional with six years of diverse experience in finance, accounting, and operations. Experience in both large global companies and venture funded start-ups. Skills in management and recruiting, a solid education, and a diligent attitude have helped me achieve:
· A thorough understanding of GAAP & Financial analysis
· The ability to locate problems and drive organizational and operational change
· A thorough understanding of databases, and reporting software
· Constant improvement in operations through the ability to implement efficient processes
8/03-Present Homestead Technologies, Menlo Park, CA
Website Building & Hosting, $15 million annual Sales
· Supervised the day-to-day financial operations and assure that all financial transactions are properly recorded. Implemented and directed budgets, cash flow analysis and forecast models.
· Trained and supervised technical and clerical accounting employees.
· Supervised the audit process and reported covenant compliance.
· Handled all tax related issues and reporting with our tax accountant.
· Led a cross-functional effort for the design and architecture of a new in-house billing system that replaced the third-party billing software. Helped design the UI and functionality of the CRM.
6/00-8/03 Corporate Analyst
· Tracked monetary and growth metrics. Produced reports and financial statements for the Board of Directors, VP’s, and Investors. Produced weekly reports & analysis depending on the current focus of the company.
· Daily interaction with billing software providers to maintain, test, and develop software. Responsible for the accurate recurring billing of 100,000+ subscribers.
· Handled escalated billing and account related issues from the Member Support team. Set policies, procedures, and on all finance related issues.
· Minimized fraud and hackers and developed procedures to insure the safety of our systems and cash flow.
· Assist in the forecasting of revenue, expenditures, and growth
10/99-6/00 Zona Research, Inc., Operations, Redwood City, CA
Market Research, $2 million annual sales
· Responsible for the production of Zona’s market research reports. Duties include but not limited to the editing, formatting, production of graphs and tables, and the publishing of reports on the web.
· Attended analysts’ meetings and non-client briefings with top-level executives in the B-to-B internet market.
· Provided continuous support with data retrieval and manipulation for A/P, A/R, operations, press relations, and client services departments. Creation and development of sales, commissions, and inventory databases.
· Recruiting and interviewing for Administrative Assistant, Marketing, and Client Services positions.
· Managed and supervised administrative assistant duties.
6/98-9/99 State Street Bank, Mutual Fund Division, Quincy, MA
Custodial Banking Services, $1.5 billion annual sales
· Maintained book of accounts for clients: Janus Mutual Funds & Fidelity.
· Duties included the processing of domestic and international stock transactions, resolution of cash discrepancies and share positions, resolution of trade problems, completion of monthly custody bills, accurate tracking of credit/debit interest, and tax reclaims for foreign securities.
Community Service: Habitat for Humanity, Menlo Park, November 2000, March 2001, June 2002, June 2003
Redwood Symphony Orchestra, Volunteer Coordinator, May 2000- July 2002
· Recruited and managed 6-10 volunteers
· In charge of setting up online credit card processing for ticket sales
· Special projects for the Music Director, including marketing efforts
Habitat for Humanity, Lynchburg VA, March 1997
Computer Skills: Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Great Plains, & Seagate Crystal Reports.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, SQL, FRx Financial Reporting, FAS Asset Accounting, Microsoft FrontPage, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop
Classes & Training:
· Certificate in Supervision and Management (Employer’s Group, San Francisco, CA; 1/04-6/04)
· “Crystal Reports 8.0” (Venturi Technology Partners- San Francisco, 2003)
· “Presenting Data & Information” (Lecture by Edward Tufte, www.edwardtufte.com, San Francisco, CA; 2001)
· “Using Visual Basic within Microsoft Excel.” (PRA Computer Training Group- Boston, MA; 1999)
· “Advanced Visual Basic” (PRA Computer Training Group- Boston, MA; 1998)
· Bachelor of Arts in Economics
· Bachelor of Arts in Music